Saturday, May 07, 2011

Art Update - Frogs, mermaids and elves... yeah, strange inspiration

Wow, just realized I had typed this entry up a while ago and didn't make the post go live. *headkeyboard*

Chainmaille
Here's an elf-inspired stretchy chainmaille bracelet. I really love these rubber bracelets; they're so comfy! I wear one every day, although I'm tempted to make a green and brown one for myself (mine's green and black).
Green and brown stretchy chainmaille bracelet
It's here on Etsy and here on Artfire


I guess since it's been gradually getting warmer, I'm thinking summer. Here's the first summery thing of the day, a handflower that would make fitting armor for a mermaid:
Dolphin Blue and Green Chainmaille Handflower or Slave Bracelet - Mermaid's Armor
"Mermaid's Armor" Blue and Green Dolphin Chainmaille Handflower or Slave Bracelet - Etsy and Artfire


Ear cuffs
This ear cuff would match that handflower, huh? Somewhere there's a mermaid who is my target audience here. If only mermaids were on the internet, I'd be set! ;)
Blue and Shell Cartilage Ear Cuff - Mermaid's Adornment
"Mermaid's Adornment" Blue and Shell Cartilage Ear Cuff - Etsy and Artfire


And carrying on the aquatic theme, here's a froggy, too!
Pink and Green Frog Cartilage Ear Cuff - Longing for the Pond
"Longing for the Pond" Green, Pink and Silver Frog Ear Cuff - Etsy and Artfire

Another name given to me by a friend, although someone also suggested "Herbert the Frog" which is adorable so my next frog will get that name.


And breaking the theme to give something completely different... Goth time! (Err... there could be gothic mermaids, though, right?) The name came from my friends- one suggested "furball of terror" (which I loved, by the way!) and another said "flail", which was also too good to pass up on, so I decided to combine them.
Red and Black Spike Cartilage Ear Cuff
"Flail of Terror - Cartilage Ear Cuff in Red and Black" - Etsy and Artfire

Don't let the name fool you, though; this earring isn't actually spiky or terrifying. The spike bead is a soft rubber/silicone material that feels more like a gummy bear than a flail. But no one has to know that when you're wearing it, right? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...