My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Elfsisters' Art Adventures, Week 5 - Fingerpainting fun time! Who doesn't love a mess?




Welcome to week 5 of our Art Adventures! This time around I picked the "This page is for handprints or fingerprints. Get them dirty then press down" page because, darnit, I wanted to make a mess. ;)

I broke out the paints because this page totally called for some fingerpainting. This was my mess as I was starting- wee, I was all foresty colored!
WTJ - Handprints page - making a mess!

Didn't use the markers this time around, but they're usually in the same location as the WTJ. This time it was all paints- used three colors of green (light, metallic and bright), a brown and a purple.

Next I painted swirls onto the palm of my hand:
WTJ - Handprints page - making a mess part 2

The swirls were also used for the treetop on the page my hand is hiding. I used my beloved greens and browns for this page, but added in purple since that's my elfsister's favorite color and we're doing our books simultaneously. :)

And here's the finished product:
WTJ - Handprints page finished

If you look closely you can see a semi-circle in green pen near the top of the right page. That was me trying to trace my cat's paw after the paint had dried. This did not go so well because she kept trying to either pull her paw out of my hand or plop down on the book:
WTJ - Cat thinks "handprints" means "kitty blub"

Sigh. Any other time she's got her paw in my book, but this time she wanted no part of that. So instead she must have thought "I don't know what crazy Mommy is trying to do to me here, so I'll just sit on top of whatever this thing is until she gives me lovins and/or treats". And since she got both, her plan worked. ;) Why does everything I own end up under a ton of kitty fat? LOL!

Don't worry, the book was dry by the time she flopped down on it. It's so hot today that I had trouble getting the paint to stay wet even when I was painting with it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I didn't have a chance this week to work on anything for the Celtic drawing challenge, so I'll toss that into next week's Adventure post because I still have one more design I want to draw out. But since it's now June, that means we have a new theme for the month! It's... drumroll, please!
Elfsisters' Art Adventures - June banner

Lord of the Rings! And absolutely no one is surprised. ;) I figured this would be the perfect month for this theme because the trilogy is being shown again in theaters this month- I'll be seeing FotR on the 14th and TTT on the 21st.

If you're joining us, here's how it works: you can draw (or paint, I suppose) anything, as long as it fits the current theme. In this case, things inspired by LotR, characters, locations... whatever! As long as it's related to LotR, it's good- and yes, anything Middle Earth counts as LotR (so The Hobbit, The Sil, random locations, etc). I'm not entirely sure what the heck I'll be drawing, but I bet Smaug will be involved. He usually is. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Want to join the art adventure?
Ruthie and I would love to have you along on our art adventures! If you want to know more, check out out this post and if you're playing along, feel free to join our flickr group. Each week we do a different WTJ page and every month is a new drawing challenge.

This week Ruthie is going to be hosting the WTJ page and you can find the page we'll be doing next here on her blog. If you're joining us, you'll be able to drop off your blog link there for your "handprints" page (or the Celtic drawing challenge) by replying to that post since there's no link list widget this week.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wish I had gotten in on the fingerpainting. Looks like fun. Hehe.

Yay! Perfect opportunity to work on LotR fanart. I've been contemplating doing some recently.

Meri Greenleaf said...

It is! Any opportunity to dig my hands into paints, I jump on. Wee!

I figured since it's just you, me and Ruthie doing the adventure, neither of you would mind that theme. ;)

Rose Works Jewelry said...

I got my post up! And,erm, forgot to copy the link. *head desk* I'm tired.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...