My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Art Update - New styles of cartilage chain earrings!

Jewelry time! I've been making a lot of costume stuff lately, but I've also been working on my usual chainmaille and cartilage earrings, too. This month I came up with two new styles of cartilage chain earrings that I'm definitely going to be making more of. It's always good to try new things!

Cartilage earrings:
To start, here are the new styles. This first one is a regular chain earring, but it has three dangles instead of just the one from the lobe. For this first try, I decided on leaves (yay, leaves!).
Green, brown and silver leaf cartilage chain earring
Green and Brown Connecting Leaf Cartilage Chain Earring - Etsy and Artfire


The other new style I think I'm going to call a "reverse cartilage chain earring" since the dangle is from the cartilage, not the lobe. Here's my first in that style:
Red and silver reverse cartilage chain ear cuff

Silver and Red Heart Reverse Cartilage Chain Earring - Etsy and Artfire


This month I also had a few custom orders for cartilage chain earrings. I just love getting to make these custom since it gives me ideas I hadn't thought of before. Fun!

This one was for an awesome customer who wanted a sky-themed earring:
Blue and White Pegasus Connecting Cartilage Chain Ear Cuff
Blue and White Pegasus Connecting Cartilage Chain Ear Cuff


These were for someone who wanted a pair with very long lobe dangles in earthy colors:
Pair of cartilage chain earrings -  green, brown, orange with feathers
Green, Brown and Orange Pair of Cartilage Chain Earrings


And these were a pair of chain earrings that connected between two lobe posts rather than connecting up to the cartilage, with a double chain. (That was the first time I'd done a double chain at the lobe- I like it!)
Pair of double lobe post connecting chain earrings
Red and Black Double Lobe Connecting Chain Earrings



Also remade some older earrings recently. I ran out of the original goddess charms so had to make it with a new one:
Green and Silver Celtic Goddess Cartilage Chain Ear Cuff
Green and Silver Celtic Goddess Cartilage Chain Ear Cuff - Etsy and Artfire


And I changed up the beads and the color green on the chain of this earring:
Sea Blue and Green Double Connecting Cartilage Chain Earring
Sea Blue and Green Double Cartilage Chain Earring - Etsy and Artfire


I'll share my chainmaille in a different post. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...