Thursday, March 08, 2012

Art Update - Presents of jewelry and chainmaille

You can tell how behind with blog posts I am because these things were all Christmas presents. I made some crocheted things, too, but this update is just going to be a quick post of the jewelry gifts. Click the pictures to go to the larger versions on flickr.

Purple, Gold and Silver Chainmaille Necklace

I made this necklace as a Christmas present for one of my best friends; she's really into purple- understatement time! The chainmaille is aluminum jump rings, the beads are acrylic and glass and the pendant is metal (and glass? I can't remember). I was going to add more embellishments to it but decided against it. That pendant was too pretty to not take center stage!

White and purple chainmaille bracelet

This purple (they're a bit more purple than they look in the photo) and white bracelet was a gift for another friend. I really like how the white looks on one of these bracelets; I'd never used white rubber jump rings before.

Presents!

My best friend got the chainmaille red and black cross necklace and the Irish flag bracelet (I'll have to make more of those!), her boyfriend got the silver and black bracelet, and her mom got the eye of Horus necklace (this is polymer clay).

Earrings and bracelet set

And this jewelry set was for my grandmother. The beads are glass (the blue ones and the pearls) and the gold beads are metal, and the earring posts are 14k gold. The bracelet is on a stretchy cord, which I figured would be best for my grandmother to wear. I don't usually make "normal" jewelry and am out of practice, so I'm really glad she likes them! :)

1 comment:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

And I love my necklace you know :)

I left you a blog award! http://www.ruthiestickney.blogspot.com/2012/03/awards.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...