My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

~*Wipes dust off blog*~

What, an update? You mean I wasn't kidnapped by goblins and hidden deep underground in their lair? Actually, that might be a bit more fun than what actually happened: I've spent the past few months finding (then getting used to having) a second job and trying desperately to locate an apartment my fiancé and I can afford- a difficult task in Pennsylvania, let me tell you! But good luck has arrived, after taking its sweet time getting to us. While it does take away some of my creative time, I do like the second job and it means my fiancé and I will be moving into our new apartment on July 1st. That's the day after my birthday and I think being able to finally afford to move away from my family and into my own life again certainly counts as a celebration in and of itself! ;)


(My fiancé and I have been talking about hopefully getting married in the spring, so I'm sure there will be ramblings about that in the future. Fingers crossed, anyway!)


I'll be posting art updates again soon, but just wanted to do a quick post about what's been going on. Once the move is done and we're unpacked, I'm looking forward to life calming down. Just haven't had a lot of time to make art, work on costumes, write, or work on my D&D game and that makes for a sad elf-girl. Believe me, I'll be working those muses hard soon, though!


4 comments:

Connie Mitan said...

Welcome back! Glad you can finally get your own place - I know how stifling it can be to have to live with your family after having been your own adult self for a while.

Meri Greenleaf said...

Thanks! Yeah, it's especially stifling because I was on my own once before, a few years ago. So glad my fiancé and I can afford it again! :D

Kristin Aquariann said...

Yay, welcome back! And congrats on finding an apartment. :D

Igloo said...

Congratulations on finding an apartment! Every elf needs a room of their own ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...