My blog has moved! Please visit elflingcreations.com for updates and art.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Art Update - Moving gets in the way of sharing shinies

Eep, I haven't updated my blog much this year, have I? Moving last month definitely set me behind with everything, but we're settled in (other than having to unpack a few dozen boxes of books) and I'm really liking our new apartment! I'll have to take some pictures of my studio (ie what's supposed to be our dining room nook) soon. I'm still trying to figure out the time of day where lighting is best for photos, though, since I'm too afraid to take my mannequin out on the front lawn. Maybe I should make a sign to put next to me that says "I'm an artist, I swear! Please disregard this random stray head and my cursing about the lighting being bad". ;)


Other than the few weeks I took off from my business, I have been working pretty steadily on new things, mostly custom orders. This post is things I worked on in May; the next update will be what I worked on in June, then another later this summer. Yup, definitely behind!


Cartilage Chain Earrings:

Pink and Black Cartilage Chain Earring Pair
Pink and Black Cartilage Chain Earring Pair
These were a custom order where the top of the cartilage chain has a loop; this is so it can slide onto a barbell earring.


Black and Silver Cross Cartilage Chain Earrings
Black and Silver Cross Cartilage Chain Earrings
Another custom order; these have a thin silver-plated chain on it rather than the usual colorful ones I make by hand, but I like the simplicity here.


Silver and Black Wing Cartilage Chain Earrings
Silver and Black Wing Cartilage Chain Earrings
These were for the same person who asked for the cross earrings; same simple design, but dainty and cute. :)


Gold and Black Wing Cartilage Chain Earring
Gold and Black Wing Cartilage Chain Earring
Also a custom order, but this is one you'll see in a later post since I decided to add a matching earring and make this a regular listing in my shop. I had some trouble with this at first when the original gold-colored posts I use broke very easily, so I switched to 14k gold. Fingers crossed the better metal will hold up well!


Purple and Green UFO Cartilage Chain Earring
Purple and Green UFO Cartilage Chain Earring
A custom order that was a gift for the sister of one of my awesome repeat customers; she supplied that fun UFO charm and I worked some favorite colors into it to make it custom. Come on, how cute is that charm! ;)


Ear Cuffs:

Black and Silver Pentagram Ear Cuff
Black and Silver Pentagram Ear Cuff - on Etsy and Artfire
One of my friends mentioned that this would be a cool design to make so I went with it- it's a pentagram charm with a black bead above it (although that bead's a bit hard to see here).


Silver Feather Ear Cuff
Silver Feather Ear Cuff - on Etsy and Artfire
The number of silver charms I own rivals a dragon hoard of treasure at this point, so I decided to turn another of my feather charms into an ear cuff, similar to this cuff.


Look for another blog update soon as I try to play catch up!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...