Thursday, March 07, 2013

Art Update - Jewelry and my current projects

Before I end up with another blog post with a image-dump of a thousand pieces of jewelry, I'll stop dragging my feet and make a post now. ;) I had a few orders for custom chain earrings recently- I love making these things, so please, keep the requests coming! (I'll admit it. I have an addiction to making earrings and I'm gleefully unashamed of this fact.)


Black and Red Heart Connecting Chain Earrings: Black and Red Heart Connecting Chain Earrings

These are a remake of this earring, but with sterling silver posts, a double chain on the cartilage earring, and with two earlobe posts on both.


Silver and Black Fairy Chain Earrings: Silver and Black Fairy Chain Earrings

These are a much simpler pair in just black and silver with pierced posts at the cartilage and the lobe. This is a premade chain (the pair above is a chain I made by hand), but I think it works nicely here. Kind of understated or something. :)


Gold and Silver Cross Cartilage Chain Ear Cuff Earrings: Gold and Silver Cross Cartilage Chain Earrings Gold and Silver Cross Cartilage Chain Earrings

(I took a picture of these on my own ear because the mannequin's head isn't quite life sized and that made a bit of a difference with how the crosses hang; I'm hoping my own ears give a better idea of size.) This one has several silver-colored metal cross charms dangling from the chain earring and just a single one attached to the lobe post for the other ear. The top cuff is a clip on, but the lobe posts are pierced.


I'm really digging the idea of multiple charms on one earring like this. These are the last of my crosses, but I do have some spike charms that I think would look neat! I'll have to remember to try this again with those.


I don't just make earrings, I swear! My "work in progress" crochet bin has yarn in it:

I've been working on some plushies recently that I'll share at some point soon. These yarns are for a custom fairy I'm currently working on. (It's been far too long since I had a chance to make fairies!)


I've been organizing my "studio" (what's supposed to be the dining nook in our apartment but which I turned into my office/studio), trying to make it look prettier. I started painting vines on the boring white plastic shelves- very happy about this because vines are so much prettier than boring white PVC! I also found a tutorial for covering cardboard boxes, so I used that to cover the boxes I use for shipping materials and to hold orders ready to be mailed. I think they came out pretty nicely and the fabric looks a lot nicer than cardboard.


Here's a peek at what I'm doing there:

worked on my craft shelf today

Not particularly interesting, I know, but I'm happy to be slowly turning my space green and brown. I can never have enough green and brown!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...