Saturday, March 02, 2013

Art Update - Lots and lots of chain earrings

Earlier I shared the bow and feather earrings that I've been working on. This post is going to be a jumble of earring shinies; these were all made custom, so this means lots of variations and colors!


Silver and Black Moon Cartilage Chain Earrings: Silver and Black Moon Cartilage Chain Earrings
(These have sterling silver posts and the connecting chain earring connects up to two cartilage piercings.)


Purple and Silver Key Cartilage Chain Ear Cuffs: Purple and Silver Key Cartilage Chain Ear Cuffs
Blue and Silver Moon Cartilage Chain Ear Cuffs: Blue and Silver Moon Cartilage Chain Ear Cuffs
(These pairs were also made with sterling silver pierced posts; in this case it's two pierced lobe posts on both earrings connecting up to a clip on ear cuff.)


Black, Silver and Red Dragon Cartilage Chain Earrings: Black, Silver and Red Dragon Cartilage Chain Earrings
(I made this pair to be similar to this earring, but with these really shiny red beads instead.)


Silver, Pink, and Blue Snake Cartilage Connecting Chain Earring: Snake Cartilage Connecting Chain Earring
(The two smaller chains are silver-plated and the larger chain is one I made by hand. It's a somewhat busy-looking earring, but it's fun!)


Triple Cartilage Chain Earring - gunmetal and gold: Triple Cartilage Chain Earring - gunmetal and gold
(The posts are 14k gold plated and the chains are a dark silver/gunmetal color.)


Triple Cartilage Chain Earring- black and silver: Triple Cartilage Chain Earrings
(This is this earring, but with sterling silver posts and an extra chain connecting to a third earlobe post.)


Red, Black, and Silver Pirate Chain Earrings: Red, Black, and Silver Pirate Chain Earrings
(These are a pair made similar to this earring, but with smaller beads. I really love the colors red and black with pirate things!)


Silver Celtic Cross Cartilage Chain Ear Cuff: Silver Celtic Cross Cartilage Chain Earring
(I really love the cuff that I found for this one; it has a kind of Celtic design, so it matches the cross charm. This earring has handmade aluminum chains and I think the cuff and the post were both sterling silver.)


Red, Green and Silver Christmas Cartilage Chain Earrings: Christmas Cartilage Chain Earrings
(This is a pair similar to this earring; I changed the beads around because I didn't have multiples of the ones I used in the original, so I couldn't turn that one into a pair.)


Purple and Black Sun and Knight Cartilage Chain Earrings: Purple and Black Sun and Knight Cartilage Chain Earrings
(I'm really into fantasy, so I'm loving that this customer wanted one of the earrings in this pair to have a knight charm!)


Purple and Blue Connecting Chain Slave Earring: Purple and Blue Connecting Chain Slave Earring
(A simple cartilage chain earring that connects down to two earlobe posts. I've been meaning to make more like these and this custom order has me itching to do that! Since I make these chains by hand, I can do them in any colors.)


Purple, Red, Green and Gold Circus Token Cartilage Ear Cuff: Circus Token Cartilage Ear Cuff

(This was such a cool idea for an earring! The customer wanted a real circus token on an ear cuff, so I found one on ebay and had my husband drill a hole into it so I could attach it to an earring. You can see the coin a bit more clearly in the pictures here.)


I love custom orders because I can create all sorts of fun things that I wouldn't otherwise have thought of making. Getting to experiment is my favorite part about being an artist!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...