Friday, April 26, 2013

Art Update - Fantasy-inspired ear cuffs

Before I ramble about art, I wanted to post a quick reminder about the free shipping sale over in my Etsy shop. Free shipping on US orders over $10 with code SPRING13, and free shipping on international orders over $15 with code WORLDSPRING13.


Speaking of spring, can I say how incredibly happy I am that the weather has warmed up? I've been going geocaching at least once a week (I found the best swag this week: snakes in the peanut brittle! What can I say, I'm easily amused) and going for walks, just enjoying the green growing things. And painting henna! In the warm weather I always paint vines on myself:

Henna time!
One of these days I'll get around to painting other designs, but spring/summer is the time of year where my inner wood elf comes out. ;)


Okay, onto some art! I've been doing some crochet recently but since I'm not quite done the plushie I've been working on, I'll share those pictures later. I've been getting ready for upcoming craft shows and the first jewelry I decided to make were earrings. Tons and tons of earrings. This pile is maybe a third of what I've made this month:

Lots and lots of earrings!


I'll share pictures of a few of the ear cuffs I've put online so far; I'm something like 500 photos in, so I haven't been able to edit them all yet (and none of these are in that above photo, either- go figure!). All of these are in my Etsy shop.

arrowearringssmallerwater
Turquoise Dragon Ear Cuff
Wood and Leaf Cartilage Ear Cuff
Silver Arrow Ear Cuff
Dragon and Dice Cartilage Ear Cuffs

And I'm just now realizing that these are all leaves, dragons, and arrows, even the ones that are recolors of previous earrings (the dice ones). I guess my inner wood elf has been influencing me! She's sneaky like that. XD


I also got to thinking this month that it would be neat to list some simple pierced ear cuffs in my shop, so I started with some that I had already put together as ear cuffs. Here are examples of those:

Bow Pierced Cartilage Earring
Frog Pierced Cartilage Earring


I think I might do my more intricate/beaded ones for piercings, too, but that'll come later. Since the next craft show is next week, I need to get to making things for that: chainmaille, hemp jewelry, and keychains. :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...