Monday, February 17, 2014

Art Update - Fantasy-Inspired Jewelry

This is a collection of jewelry things that I made over the past few months, all involving either chain or chainmaille.

A green and silver chainmaille handflower:
Green and Silver Chainmaille Handflower
I picked the outer beads because they reminded me of Celtic knots, like on the center bead.

A beaded and chain circlet:
Silver Chain Circlet -  close up

Silver Chain Circlet

This was a custom order and something I hadn't tried before. It's shiny glass crystal beads attached to silver chains.

I ended up really liking this style, so I made a similar one for myself (minus the chain at the top of the head and with dagger charms dropping down) for my Halloween costume:

(Hard to see the circlet, but I'll be getting more pictures of this costume once the weather warms up.)

This was a custom pair of cartilage chain earrings/ear cuffs with pentagram and fairy charms:
Silver and Gold Fairy Pentagram Chain Earrings

I like how the silver and gold look together. :)

This necklace is actually from June. Sheesh, am I behind with sharing art or what?
Triquetra Chainmaille Necklace

The chainmaille on the necklace is gold, green, and pewter/dark silver colored jump rings, the dangling chains are also a gunmetal/pewter color, and the Celtic knot is pewter. This clasps behind with a silver-plated lobster clasp. I painted the pendant in acrylics and then sealed it with varnish- this was my first time trying to paint metal for jewelry, so I'm glad it worked!

Here's a picture of what it looked like before I painted the pendant:
Triquetra Chainmaille Necklace


Okay, one more Art Update post and I'll be caught up!

2 comments:

mirsini's creations said...

Beautiful fairy jewelries !!!! You are a very talented fairy !!!! I also create chain mail jewelries and i love it !!!!
Kisses from Greece !!
Mirsini :)

Meri Greenleaf said...

Thanks! I always have a lot of fun making chainmaille, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...