Friday, April 25, 2014

Art Update - Runestones, Dragon Horns, Faun Ears, and a Circlet

I actually made a bunch of these things several months ago, but forgot I had this post sitting in draft mode. Whoops! These artsy things were all custom orders, but I'm itching to make more like them again. :)

First up are a set of runestones:
Autumn Leaf Runestones

Autumn Leaf Runestones

This is a set of Elder Futhark runestones made from polymer clay and shaped into tiny autumn leaves. The runes and the veins of the leaves are painted on in acrylic paints and sealed with varnish.

Recently I got a request for something similar to runestones, but without the runes on them. Tokens of a sort? This is what I came up with:
Sun Runes
They're tiny (about the size of a US penny) and made from polymer clay with red glitter mixed in. The suns are actually orange, but it's hard to tell in that photo. I really like how these look, so I think I might make a full set of runes with them at some point soon. :)

This pair of dragon horns was another polymer clay thing I made a few months ago:
Blue Dragon Horns on a Headband

Blue Dragon Horns on a Headband


And here's the picture of me that makes me giggle because I look like a Draconic librarian. lol!
Blue Dragon Horns on a Headband

I'm really proud of these horns! These are made from polymer clay coated in very shiny blue glitter and varnish and are attached to a thick plastic headband. That was a new idea, to attach them to a headband instead of stringing them on a shoelace like my horns had always been previously. This was a custom order that fortunately ended up working out!

Since I'm doing some costume-y things here, I'll add in a pair of faun (satyr, fairy, whatever you want to call them!) ears I crocheted:
Crocheted Faun Ears

Crocheted Faun Ears

These were actually made with a wider crocheted headband than I usually do so it functions as a pair of earmuffs rather than just a headband. These ears themselves are also a new design that I've been fiddling with. They're a little smaller than my previous faun ear design, but I think I like these even more. I don't have this ear shape in my shop yet since this was a custom order, but I'll get that listed once I have another pair made.

And here's a chainmaille circlet:
Silver and Gold Chainmaille Circlet

Silver and Gold Chainmaille Circlet

This was a present, but I'm going to be making more circlets in the near future. I've been working on a mermaid-inspired one this week, so look for pictures of that soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...